Syncing Linux FS to Windows

Tobias Speckbacher TSpeckbacher at quova.com
Fri Mar 25 03:36:59 UTC 2005

You could install cygwin and use rsync.
seems to be an rsync day today :)

-T

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com]On Behalf Of Brian D. McGrew
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 6:08 PM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: Syncing Linux FS to Windows

At work I have my XP Pro box that works fine complete with my personal
My Documents folder and all is controlled by a 2000 Domain Controller
running Active Directory.  We have three T1's at work.

At home I've got a few Windows boxes controlled by my Linux box using
Samba.  All the Windows boxes think that the Linux box is a NT server
and Windows is quite happy with the roaming profiles that I've setup and
remote shares.  I have a cable modem at home pull an average of 4MB
down.

What I want to be able to do is sync My Documents from the Windows box
at work onto the Linux box at home on an hourly bi-daily basis.  Of
course to get all the data home initially I could create a zip file but
then to keep everything updated is another story.

What would you guys recommend for this?  And of course I have full
access to the network at work from home.

Thanks,

-brian

Brian D. McGrew        { brian at doubledimension.com ||
brian at visionpro.com }