how to delete

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Tue Mar 29 12:41:42 UTC 2005

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 05:45:53PM +0900, ?$B2&0!5~ wrote:
> To: Redhat list administator

The address of the list administrator is in the list headers.

> I posted the messages on the redhat maillist from my mail address.
> How to delete the messages which I posted?
>
> Can you delete the Thread "dma error" from redhat maillist.
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/redhat-list/2005-January/msg00467.html
> http://info.ccone.at/INFO/Mail-Archives/redhat/Jan-2005/msg00151.html

The list admin has the ability to delete the message from the official
archive (it's non-trivial and he has better things to do with his time)
but he has no ability to delete it from everywhere else (like the Austrian
site you've referenced).  He certainly can't delete your message from my
personal mail spool and archives.

In short, once you've posted the message, it's out there forever.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org