file size limit

Steve Buehler steve at ibapp.com
Thu Mar 31 21:44:27 UTC 2005

	Where can I find a page at redhat that gives the file size limits for
their different versions and file system types.  A customer wants me to do
a backup of his data and if I tar czvf the info up, it comes up to a 5.4gig
file.  I want to make sure this isn't going to be a problem on RHEL ES 3 or
4.  Since I am sure this will grow in size as they add more to their
system, I am curious how big it can get before running into problems.  The
file systems on both the server I am backing up to and the one I am backing
up from are ext3.
	I did a google of "file size limit site://www.redhat.com" and that came up
with 4,650 items.  It was even more for the whole net and still didn't find
the answer.

Thanks
Steve