external RAID device

John O'Loughlin j.oloughlin at qmul.ac.uk
Fri May 13 15:45:42 UTC 2005

On Fri 13 May 2005 at 10:27, Ed Wilts (ewilts at ewilts.org) wrote:
> On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 02:40:54PM +0100, John O'Loughlin wrote:
> > I have just attached an external RAID device to a redhat box (via a scsi
> > card). When i run fdisk -l it sees it as /dev/sda. there is a partition
> > on it already, /dev/sda1. I want to create a new partition, I tried
> > fdisk /dev/sda and then the usual but was told there were not enough
> > free sectors. Its a big box so there are.
>
> What version of Red Hat Linux and how big is "big"?

Its RHEL 3 and the box array is 1TB. I have just started here and the
thing has beeb sitting around for a while waiting to be done. I have
however just noticed that running fdisk -l show that the partition id is
42 and the system is SFS which I think is some windows 2000 stuff. But
as I didn't buy the thing I can't be sure.

John