streaming audio/video on linux

Jessica Zhu jessica at mathforum.org
Wed May 25 15:59:02 UTC 2005

Hi,

We need to set up a streaming audio/video server on linux.

There are two kernel versions here. One is old 2.2.24-7.0.3enterprise and
another is 2.4.21-4.EL. Could anyone recommend a good package(audio,
video, or both)?

I did some search myself. It seemed that a lot people use
realplayer(audio/video), aumix(audio). I need to set up a server within
two days. So instead of doing a lot of investigation myself, I'd like to
hear the opinion from experienced people here.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Jessica