.rhost configuration

Michael Scully agentscully at flexiblestrategies.com
Thu Nov 3 20:31:27 UTC 2005

Magnus:

	These are usually small offices where we don't have an internal DNS
server running.  Aside from that, I have remote LAN's hooked in by VPN that
need access, and those names wouldn't resolve from the other LAN segments
without some sort of DNS within the WAN, since their broadcast names won't
normally be seen.

	That's why I was hoping to just enter a full subnet in the .rhosts
file for each segment on the WAN.  I don't have a rlogin server running, so
I'm not worried about the security aspects of including all these possible
host addresses.

Scully