Problems to Install Oracle Client 10g over Red Hat AS 3.0update3

Lunt, Nick Nick.Lunt at wesleyan.co.uk
Wed Nov 16 13:24:25 UTC 2005

Hi,

All my 64 bit machines with Oracle on are AMD, Im afraid I have no experience of POWER 5 servers.

Personally I would not use the nodeps arg to RPM on a production machine.

I take it that you have tried to install the RPM's with rpm -Uvh instead of -ivh too ?
Also I would suggest trying to install the required packages using up2date.

I don't know if either of those methods will work. We had a situation here a couple of weeks ago
where one of our junior admins made a mess of RPM on a server by using nodeps etc with important library packages,
and they ended up having to reinstall !

Good Luck,
Nick .