X problems as root after su

Smith, Albert Albert.Smith at genexservices.com
Tue Oct 4 18:24:39 UTC 2005

You need to set your display since you changed your user and you need to
have an X display application running on your laptop (Reflection X or
Exceed to name a couple).

As the new user:

export DISPLAY=ip or hostname of your laptop:0.0

Then launch your X application

Albert Smith
Sr. Unix Systems Administrator
HPCSA, RHCT