About /etc/fstab and LABELs

Chris St. Pierre stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu
Thu Oct 6 16:39:29 UTC 2005

I've often wondered, is there any real advantage to using labels
instead of physical device names?  David, you mentioned that it's to
avoid using the device names, but I've never found that to be a
particularly burdensome task, or something I'd like to avoid.  What's
the gain from using labels?

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University