Need to install GUI

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Fri Oct 14 22:04:08 UTC 2005

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 11:32:17AM -0600, Sysadmin wrote:
> Because of what appeared to be space limitations, I did not install a
> GUI on my new Fedora Core 4 system.  I, now, have the space and would
> like to install GNOME (ideally).
> I tried grabbing what looked to be the base RPM's for GNOME off of
> the installation CD's but have not had any luck.

This isn't the fedora list, but what I would do is do an up2date for a
package that has lots of base gnome dependencies.  That will bring in
the stuff you need.  Pull it off the network rather than the CDs so you
grab the latest versions if you have the network bandwidth.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org