Sendmail- /var/spool/clientmqueue/

Bob Taylor brtaylor at sanfelipe.com.mx
Fri Oct 14 21:48:39 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-14 at 14:44 -0500, Ed Wilts wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 09:48:02AM -0600, redhat at buglecreek.com wrote:
> > Due to policy issues we are required to turn sendmail off on most of our
> > Redhat boxes.
>
> Your policy probably means that you're not supposed to listen on port
> 25.  sendmail, as delivered by Red Hat, does that.  This allows you to
> send mail but not receive it.

I'm running FC3 and any email sitting in /var/spool/clientmqueue will
not be sent unless I restart sendmail. Outgoing email *used* to go
into /var/spool/mqueue. Running sendmail -q does nothing. How do I get
the same as was installed with Red Hat v6.2? In other words, how to
queue outgoing email and send it with the command sendmail -q when I am
on line. BTW, until I have time to digest SELinunx I have it turned off.

Thanks in advance.
brtaylor at sanfelipe.com.mx