unblock port 25

Wayne Pinette Wpinette at tru.ca
Wed Oct 26 18:15:39 UTC 2005

Im not sure what smtp server you are using, if it's sendmail,
then Marco Shaw's response is what you need :

<advice type="good" author="Marco Shaw">

Something else to check out:

http://www.linuxselfhelp.com/quick/sendmail.html

Check #6, some versions of RedHat come with a
'secured' sendmail that will only listen on 127.0.0.1.

The netstat suggestion will also point that out.

Marco
RHCE
</advice>

If you are using Postfix you want to edit /etc/postfix/main.cf

In there you want to make sure you have inet_interfaces=all.  Usualy
postfix is compiled with this
as the default action, but just in case, put inet_interfaces=all there
and restart postfix.

Wayner

>>> Nagarjuna_Cherukuri at infosys.com 10/26/05 11:07 am >>>
Yes, netstat -i shows me that port 25 is listening only for local
host.

[root at hydlmuk lib]# netstat -l | grep 25
You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root
[root at hydlmuk lib]# netstat -l | grep -i smtp
tcp        0      0 localhost.localdom:smtp *:*
LISTEN
[root at hydlmuk lib]#

How can change my smtp server configuration?