Adding Developmetn Tools - Fedora 3

Jason Gray jgray at bardelanimation.com
Thu Oct 27 17:58:10 UTC 2005

I have an odd situation.  I've installed a package called Instant OGo
onto a server which uses a auto-installer.  The kernel is Fedora3
2.6.11-27.  I was trying to compile some additional anti-spam programs
and noticed that the compiler was missing.  I tried adding the compiler
and required dependencies but since Fedora 3 does not come with the
kernel headers I could not add them in.  When I try to add the headers
using rpmbuild and the source that doesn't work cuz I don't have a
compiler.....How can I get a compiler in without the kernel headers and
the kernel headers without a compiler?

The final problem is that the auto-build has a limited "Add/Remove" menu
that just shows the Instant OGo RPMs.  I cannot add the Development
Tools as I would normally do in a standard Fedora 3 install.  Is there a
way to add the Development Tools manually?  If I know which packages to
install then I could do it.  However, it seems that I can't do anything
without the headers and the headers need the compiler....recursive loop.

Thanks for any help.....

--
Jason Gray