senamil with two domains

Michael Velez mikev777 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 28 11:42:45 UTC 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com]
On Behalf Of Nagarjuna Rao Cherukuri
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2005 6:41 AM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: RE: senamil with two domains

My requirement is a bit different actually. I want to use uk.dev1.com as
well as hydlmuk.com. In fact I will be creating one more domain called
"uk.crp1.com" and would send mail from all of these domains at the same
time.

--------------------------------

Here is what I did to change the "From id" for outgoing mail.

- created a file named genericstable to map a local user to a <user>@domain:

Ex:
<localuserid>	<userid>@uk.dev1.com

In your case, I guess <localuserid> and <userid> would be the same.  All
e-mail sent by <localuserid> will have uk.dev1.com as its domain name.

- in the /etc/mail directory, ran the following command:

Makemap -r hash genericstable.db < genericstable

- added the output of the "hostname -f" command into a file called
"generics-domains"

- added these two lines to sendmail.mc

FEATURE(genericstable, `hash -o /etc/mail/genericstable')
GENERICS_DOMAIN_FILE(`/etc/mail/genericsdomain')

- recompiled sendmail.mc:

m4 <sendmail.mc > sendmail.cf

This worked for my limited use of it.  I'm definitely not an expert with
sendmail but I hope this can help.

You may need to play around with it.  The GENERICS_DOMAIN_FILE may need all
your fully-qualified domain names.  I only have one domain name but I use
the generics table to map different users to different e-mail accounts on
different internet domains.

Somebody else on this list could probably tell you if this would work the
same when one machine has several domains.

Michael