error while compiling glibc

Nupur channu.j at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 12:19:03 UTC 2005

I am sorry for incomplete mail. I'll continue it from where I left.

Hello,

I am working on Redhat7 and as all development is done here, i can not
upgrade my machine to redhat9. As I had to install linux-2.6, i
installed few modules like binutils, gnu C, util-linux and
module-init-tools. I also upgraded bash.

Now, I want to upgrade glibc from 2.1 to 2.3.5. While I configure
glibc, I get few errors in config.log

The errors are as follows:

1. install autoconf - it is missing. (Though autoconf is installed and
in the beginning of config.log it shows sutoconf's version as well.)
2. error: thread-local storage not supported for this target.
3. conftest.c:2: error: parse error before "me"
4. ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory
5. In function 'init_main()':

        error: 'exit' undeclared (first use this function)
6. configure:6284: warning: conflicting types for built-in function 'malloc'
    configure:6284: warning: conflicting types for built-in function 'strlen'
    configure:6284: warning: conflicting types for built-in function 'memcpy'
    configure:6284: warning: conflicting types for built-in function 'memset'
    configure:6284: warning: conflicting types for built-in function 'abort'

I read somewhere that if i am getting thread-local storage error that
means I've made some error.

Can you help me in configuring glibc for redhat 7 so that old
configurations can still run properly?

Thanks and regards,
nupur