limit number of process in top with non-interactive mode

McDougall, Marshall (FSH) MarMcDouga at gov.mb.ca
Fri Sep 9 13:23:33 UTC 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of mnikhil m
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 5:14 AM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: limit number of process in top with non-interactive mode

Top command in Linux is allowing to control the number of processes only
in
the
interactive mode. I want to control the number of processes in
non-interactive batch
mode. Is there any other version of top available ? Or is there a way to
do
so with
the current version itself?

Note: Manual page for top is inappropriate with the command.
For example, "top 10" reports an improper use of command though it is
valid
according to the man page.
 [Actually this is asked by one of my colleague, asking here as I am out
of
answer]
 Regards,
Nikhil