S & K httpd scripts for Apache 1.3

McDougall, Marshall (FSH) MarMcDouga at gov.mb.ca
Mon Sep 19 15:18:03 UTC 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Marty Landman
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2005 8:54 AM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: RE: S & K httpd scripts for Apache 1.3

At 09:14 AM 9/19/2005, McDougall, Marshall (FSH) wrote:

>You could add "#/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start" as the last line
>in your /etc/rc.d/rc.local file

Thanks Marshall, that worked fine.
Another one I noticed on reboot - currently must start Mysql with

#/etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld start

What do I do to get this to also startup automatically on reboot?

Marty

That one looks like it was installed by the system.  Try "chkconfig
--list|grep -I mysql".  If it comes back with something like:

mysqld        0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off

then you can do as Ed suggested earlier: "/sbin/chkconfig mysqld on" or
"chkconfig --level 345 mysqld on", otherwise you can use the rc.local
file and point at it from there. HTH

Regards, Marshall