Red hat problem

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Tue Sep 13 17:37:31 UTC 2005

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 02:18:33PM -0300, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> Yes, I have a SCSI controller, working with RAID5 array. Do you suggest me to update scsi drivers or directly go tu RH3 UP5?

Go to Update 5 first and see if your problem is fixed.  If it's still
happening, look for updated drivers directly from IBM.  In general, I
try to avoid 3rd party vendor add-ons if Red Hat includes a functional
version.  Red Hat appears to be fairly good about keeping drivers up to
date but you need to remember to update the kernel to get the latest
updates.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE