S & K httpd scripts for Apache 1.3

McDougall, Marshall (FSH) MarMcDouga at gov.mb.ca
Mon Sep 19 13:14:20 UTC 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Marty Landman
Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2005 4:20 PM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: Re: S & K httpd scripts for Apache 1.3

At 11:40 AM 9/18/2005, Ed Wilts wrote:

>You normally don't want them in run level 2 but more likely levels 3,
4,
>and 5.
>
># /sbin/chkconfig httpd --list
># /sbin/chkconfig httpd on
># /sbin/chkconfig httpd --list

Here's what I got:

[root at penguin root]# /sbin/chkconfig httpd --list
error reading information on service httpd: No such file or directory
[root at penguin root]# /sbin/chkconfig httpd on
error reading information on service httpd: No such file or directory
[root at penguin root]#

Maybe this is a dumb thing to say (because I don't understand the tool)
but
apache is running fine on my server, fwiw.

Marty

>From the location of your httpd binary it looks like you installed
Apache from source and not from rpm, that is why you are getting the "No
such file" message.

You could add "#/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start" as the last line
in your /etc/rc.d/rc.local file, or write a script as you alluded to in
your original post.

Regards, Marshall