Problem to boot debian since initrd.img missing- Any help will be very much appreciated

Padiyath Sreekumaran Kumar.Padiyath at psi.ch
Mon Sep 19 19:14:56 UTC 2005

Hello,

Debian - Linux 3.0 r4 woody installation on an Alpha

   I wanted to make a reboot of one of Alpha debian

   machine. The system was working before reboot. But I wants to move the

   machine to another location. So I wrote reboot and the system

   went down. When I want to reboot the machine Iam getting message

   initrd.img not found.How can I create this file?

    With Boot command:

   aboot>boot 1/vmlinuz ro root=/dev/sda1 initrd=/initrd.img

   When I write dir command with aboot prompt. I see a directory

   initrd with no contents. I have the boot cd1 of woody of my installation.

   How can I create this file?

   Can I boot the system from the CD and create the missing file?

   How I mount the root FS from the machine to write the file?

   Whether I have to reinstall the system?

   Sorry for putting this mail in Redhat side.

   Please help.

    Regards,

    Kumar