How to stop kudzu detection of keyboard

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Thu Sep 29 02:47:39 UTC 2005

On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 08:09:45PM -0500, Steve Buehler wrote:
> 	Running RedHat AS 4.1.  I have just setup a few servers and once
> they are put on the rack, they won't have a keyboard, mouse or
> monitor hooked to them.  The problem is that booting without the
> keyboard hooked up, the hardware detection (kudzu) comes up and it
> waits for 30 seconds before going on and booting the rest of the
> way.  How can I stop this.  I don't remember having this problem
> before version 4.1.  It might just be that I never checked before.

For stable servers, you don't need kudzu.  Just turn it off with
chkconfig and if you make a hardware change in the future, turn it back
until you've got everything configured, then turn it back off again.

The last thing you want in a server is kudzu mucking around with the
hardware config unexpectedly.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA