Partition mounting under RHEL4

Bruce W. Martin redhat at vuiis.vanderbilt.edu
Mon Apr 3 18:23:57 UTC 2006

Yes, a dumb error on my part.

#/dev/sda                /raid/fc0               ext3
defaults,usrquota       1 2
#/dev/sdb                /raid/fc1               ext3
defaults,usrquota       1 2
#/dev/sdc                /raid/fc2               ext3
defaults,usrquota       1 2

should have been

#/dev/sda1                /raid/fc0               ext3
defaults,usrquota       1 2
#/dev/sdb1                /raid/fc1               ext3
defaults,usrquota       1 2
#/dev/sdc1                /raid/fc2               ext3
defaults,usrquota       1 2

I made those changes. and also ran e2label on each partition and each
one came back with the expected label.

It would appear that the problem is when during the boot process the
system checks to see if each partition needs to have fsck run. When
it reaches these partitions is when it gives the superblock error. If
I change the last digit in the fstab for these partitions from 2 to 0
it does not check and everything seems to mount just fine.

Bruce