Installing updates for glibc and libxml2

Tobias Speckbacher TSpeckbacher at quova.com
Mon Apr 3 20:17:07 UTC 2006

If you absolutely can not live with the libxml2 version provided by RHN (via up2date) I would try compiling it from source against the set of supported libraries on your system.

Upgrading glibc is not to be taken lightly, as just about every application relies on it.  I have gone through that exercise a few times and pretty much decided that it is not worth my time or the risk of completely hosing the system by doing so.

Also you can consider you support contract pretty much void from that point on. Packages downloaded from RHN after the upgrade may not work on your system anymore.