Permission denied by server configuration

Margaret_Doll Margaret_Doll at brown.edu
Thu Apr 6 20:34:34 UTC 2006

I did upgrades to my RH 3 system yesterday.  I believe the upgrades
were for motif and sendmail.  There may have been an upgrade to httpd
as well.

I restarted httpd this afternoon and all my virtural hosts show

Permission denied by server configuration

I can't see any of my pages.

There are no errors when I start up httpd.   The general error log and
the logs for each of the virtual hosts show no errors except
"permission denied by server configuration" in the virtual hosts files.

I am using an httpd.conf file that worked last time httpd was restarted.

HELP