AW: Re: AW: up2date failed on WS4.0 after upgrade

Yasushi Okubo yasushi at cabm.rutgers.edu
Thu Apr 13 20:33:02 UTC 2006

joe at illegal-access.de wrote:

>Yasushi, your version of up2date is up2date ;-)... Python might be the candidate to look at. Here are my "snakes" (RHEL4AS-U3):
>
>[root at hornet selinux]# python -V
>Python 2.3.4
>[root at hornet selinux]# rpm -qa | grep python
>gnome-python2-canvas-2.6.0-3
>dbus-python-0.22-12.EL.5
>rpm-python-4.3.3-13_nonptl               << this ?
>mod_python-3.1.3-5.1
>gnome-python2-2.6.0-3
>gnome-python2-gtkhtml2-2.6.0-3
>python-crypto-2.0-3
>python-2.3.4-14.1                        << this ?
>gnome-python2-bonobo-2.6.0-3
>MySQL-python-1.0.0-1.RHEL4.1
>python-devel-2.3.4-14.1
>python-ldap-2.0.1-2
>libxml2-python-2.6.16-6
>
>cu,
> Joe

Thanks Joe.  I could resolve this issue by upgrading rhnlib rpm.

By the way, I am using rhn.redhat site[our redhat proxy server] to
add/remove machines. But it does not really remove some machines when I
delete them with web interface and the number of tokens(entitlement) are
always messed up.  So, I need to contact our admin taking care of redhat
proxy license server all the time.

Is there any way to correctly add/remove machines from rhn server using
web interface  ?
1. The issue is that "delete" function on web interface is not always
working properly.
2. I use "up2date --register" to add the machine from the client, but it
also sometimes does not  add itself onto rhn.redhat server.

Could someone advise me what the right way to add/remove machine is to
avoid this kind of trouble ?

Thanks,
yasushi