HowTo auto-update rpm deps with yum or up2date?

Matt England mengland at mengland.net
Sat Apr 15 16:01:44 UTC 2006

At 4/15/2006 10:58 AM, Ryan Golhar wrote:
>up2date will do this for you:
>
>up2date-nox -i <newpackage>
>
>Note: Omit the version and .rpm.  up2date will get the latest version
>automatically.

Yes, but what happens when the <newpackage> is not available via an up2date
repository on the internet?  Does the above command still work?

I should have been more specific in my original post:  I am a software
developer and will be releasing .rpm packages that may or may not get
updated in a general package/up2date/yum repo; please presume that my .rpm
package will only be downloadable as a single file via a 'wget'
acquisition.  I want my users/installers of this package to be able to
automatically acquire and install my .rpm-package dependencies via
yum/up2date/something-else.

Is there a way to do this?  I'm looking for solutions for both Fedora and
Redhat/RHEL.

-Matt