ps2pdf landscape output

Toby McMillan, RHCE toby.mcmillan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 20:44:07 UTC 2006

Is it possible to have a landscape orientation on a file created by
ps2pdf? What I'm trying to do is:

1. Process file.txt into file.ps (using enscript --word-wrap
--output=file.ps file.txt)
2. Process file.ps into file.pdf (via ps2pdf)

The only problem is I have long lines in file.txt which cause them to
be wrapped on a portrait orientation. It would really be great if I
can pass "landscape orientation" options to ps2pdf . I tried reading
up a bit on Ghostscript and read this:

"When there is no text on the page or automatic page rotation is set
to /None an orientation value from setpagedevice is used. Valid values
are: 0 (portrait), 3 (landscape), 2 (upside down), and 1 (seascape).
The orientation can be set from the command line as -c "<</Orientation
3>> setpagedevice" using Ghostscript directly but cannot be set in
ps2pdf."

Next question: How do I do this in Ghostscript? say, replace step 2 with gs?

Pointers appreciated. Thanks.