SCSI Host Adapter order

Hugh E Cruickshank hugh at forsoft.com
Mon Aug 7 02:40:16 UTC 2006

From: Hugh E Cruickshank Sent: August 6, 2006 17:16

> My idea was to see if there was a way to force Linux to configure
> the SCSI H/As in a predetermined order that way I could force my
> 320-4X to configure first and the 320-2X do configure second.

Some follow-up information to my original post. I have been able to
refine my searches such that I have found references to the
"scsihosts" kernel boot time and module load time option as well as
references to adjusting the order of entries in "/etc/modules.conf".
Unfortunately neither will seem to work for me as both my host
adapters are using the same driver and will just get moved together.

I have also tried physically moving the adapters around from slot to
slot but this did not seem to have any effect but that was early this
morning and I can not say for sure I tried all combinations. I will
retry that one again next Sunday (it's production box and I can only
get major access time on Sunday's, if I am lucky).

Regards, Hugh

--
Hugh E Cruickshank, Forward Software, www.forward-software.com