Which version of RedHat support php-4.4.4?

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Fri Dec 1 19:34:56 UTC 2006

Quoting Margaret Doll <Margaret_Doll at brown.edu>:

> On Dec 1, 2006, at 11:42 AM, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
>
>> RHEL5 will have php-5.1.6 or better (5.1.6 is what current beta 2
>> has).  PHP5 is also available from Red Hat for RHEL4 (not sure
>> about RHEL3).  It's in that extra "something application something"
>>  (or whatever it is called) repository (not enabled by default).
>
> Could you tell me more about this possibility?

Check "Red Hat Application Stack v1 for Enterprise Linux AS (v.4)"
(and ES too).  It's part of it.  Current version is php-5.1.4-1.el4s1.5.

An alternative approach that will bring you closer to cutting edge
could be to install php-5.1.6-1.2.1 package from centosplus repository
(http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/centosplus/).

Or if you want to be on the very cutting edge, you can always rebuild
SRPM from Fedora Core (download SRPM, than do "rpmbuild --rebuild
php-5.x.x-whatever.src.rpm").

All of those are drop-in replacements for standard RHEL4 PHP packages
(again, they are not add-ons, they will replace PHP4 with PHP5).
However, don't bug Red Hat's support if you run into trouble with
centosplus stuff (it's not Red Hat's package).  If you want Red Hat's
support, install PHP5 from Red Hat's Application Stack.