email problem

Lord of Gore lordofgore at logsoftgrup.ro
Sat Dec 2 10:37:23 UTC 2006

Waleed Harbi wrote:
> May you have firewall please check it via : iptables -L
> if you have firewall try stop it via: service iptables stop
> then try send email, also check for your SMTP configurations.

I think that the man said that yahoo is working fine and probably he
should know if he expressly blocked hotmail.

> On 12/2/06, Res <res at ausics.net> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 1 Dec 2006, sylvan dacounha wrote:
>>
>> > i read the archives and i too have a similar problem sending mail to
>> hotmail but yahoo is workin fine..
check if you have a working route to a hotmail mail server.
if trace-ing doesn't work maybe icmp packets are dropped along the line;
check if telnetting to smtp port works.
if all ok check log from your mail server and see what is going on; 99%
you should be blocked either because you don't have a reverse dns entry
for your server's ip addres or you are open to relaying.
Anyway if route is ok you should have the necessary info in your logs.
Maybe if you'd post them you'd get helped a lot better and sooner.
Consider posting questions along with more detailed info that would help
others to help you.

cheers

>> Most people have problems sending to hotmail because unless you use
>> hotmail your mail automatically goes into the users junk mail box, and
>> hotmail hope they see it before 5 days and then tag it as not junk.
not that i am a micros..t fan but I am very curious from where do you
have this *inside* info...