dhcp server ansd shared-network declaration

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Fri Dec 8 23:28:07 UTC 2006

I suspect that the thrust of his question is being missed.

He wants the network on eth1 to be on one subnet, and the network on eth0
to be on the other.

Short of setting static assignments within his dhcpd.conf, with MAC
address definitions, what can he do to configure the dhcpd.conf for this
endeavor.

> The dhcp server should accept connections on the interfaces for which it
> has a subnet decleration for.
>
> Regards
> John
>
> On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, tamer amr wrote:
>
>> thank you for helping me
>>
>> but  i want to know
>> which interface  the dhcpd server will work on  eth0 or eth1 and how
>> come ?
>> Suppose i have two subnets 192.168.1.0 and 192.168.0.0  which interface
>> will i use it ?
>>

>> John O'Loughlin <j.oloughlin at qmul.ac.uk> wrote:
>>> hi i want to know what is the shared-network declaration option in
>>> dhcpd server  configurtion
>>
>>> and i want to know how the dhcp server is serving two different subnets
>>
>> Suppose you have a dhcp server with two interfaces on different subnets,
>> they will probably have a number of common configurations, such as
>> domain-name, maybe domain-name-servers, so you could have something that
>> looks like:
>>
>> shared-network my-network {
>>
>> option domain-name etc
>>
>> subnet {