upgrade kernel modules

waynecle waynecle at ptd.net
Wed Dec 13 02:11:10 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 12 December 2006 03:14, sylvan dacounha wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I have red hat linux 9 and have downloaded the driver--- Intel(R) Graphics
> Driver for Linux  *  Driver Revision: v1.1-20041217 for the below display
>
> VGA compatible controller: Intel Corp. 82865G [Springdale-G] Chipset
> Integrated Graphics Device
>

> now when i try to install it it says
> The DRI drivers can not be installed without the latest kernel modules.
> Installation will be aborted.
>

> how would i upgrade the latest kernel modules
>
> my kernel version is version 2.4.20-8
>
> appreciate ur help
>

> regards
>
> simon

The Kernel version you are using is very old, but stable. You seriously need
to investigate the Fedora versions of RedHat. Your Video issues would be
solved, not to mention, you would be introduced to the world of UDEV, and
DBUS. May help you in everything you are trying to do. Granted, quiet a
bit of reading, but the rewards are far surpassing in the end.

                                                         Wayne