DNS Issues after setting up a WAN?

Gaddis, Jeremy L. jeremy at linuxwiz.net
Thu Dec 21 04:29:46 UTC 2006

On 12/20/06, Georges I. Carraha <CarrahaG at arubadigital.com> wrote:
> The  remote side has no DHCP server.   It only consists of some Windows
> XP PCs connected to the router and they are accessing the Linux Server
> at the main location.

Where are they getting IP addresses from?  Manually configured on the
individual workstations?  Using dhcp-relay on the router to use the
same DHCP server at $main_site?

> Also putting the ruclaservices.local as the DNS suffix does not make a
> difference.
>
> What I would like to point out is the fact that the Windows XP machines
> at the main location are not having the same problems as the ones at the
> remote location.

How about you paste the output from "ipconfig /all" from a) a machine
at $main_site that's working properly, and b) a machine at
$remote_site that's not?

-j

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis, MCP, GCWN