linux vs SAN

bob flynn bob.flynn at s3group.com
Thu Feb 2 12:07:46 UTC 2006

Is anyone using the following configuration.

RH Enterprise 3/4
2 * Qlogic 2340 with engenio driver in failover mode
Storagetek Diskarray

Basically I am having lockup problems, where writing to the diskarray is
locking up. I have checked via santricity and
the diskarray is fine, ie it is not showing any errors or failing over.
When I do a fdisk -l, the output hangs when it queries the
diskarray.

Finally, engenio as saying I need to be running AS before they will
investigate further ( I am running WS ). If I knew what RH Enterprise OS
version others were sucessfully running it would be useful in terms of
confirming that my configuration should work. There is no reason to run
AS on this box other than this issue as far as I understand it.

Thanks,

-Bob

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and is designated solely for the attention of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or retain this e-mail or any part thereof. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of this e-mail from your computer system(s).
Please direct any additional queries to: communications at s3group.com.
Thank You.