Question about a pci graphic card

Hamilton, David dhamilton at rose.edu
Fri Jan 6 21:57:22 UTC 2006

I have a ati radeon 7000 graphics card and under RHEL 4 X will crash and/or freeze if I use the ati drivers installed by default.  I have tried the 7000, VE and generic radeon driver and the VESA driver is the only one that works.  The strange this is when I used Fedora Core 4  the ati drivers installed by default work fine.  I tested my cdroms for errors and they are error free. How can I tell if it is a driver issue and if it is can I somehow get the drivers from the FC4 DVD and use them on RHEL?

David