is this an intruder?

Marty Landman mlandman at face2interface.com
Mon Jan 9 00:28:19 UTC 2006

At 06:26 PM 1/8/2006, Northrup, Wilson wrote:

>Also, iwhen possible, I moce the port that ssh listens on, and disallow
>logins from all but known networks.  Obviously, that is not possible for
>everyone.

This experience and the ensuing discussion is helping me understand why
some of my clients only give me a shell account after I provide my static
IP. And of course many hosting and internet service providers won't give a
shell account at all. Or use a jail shell - something I should learn to set
up on my lan.

Marty

Marty Landman, Face 2 Interface Inc. 845-679-9387
Webmaster's Bulletin Board: http://bbs.face2interface.com/
Web Installed Formmail: http://face2interface.com/formINSTal