Samba update to 3.0.20 [was: nmbd restart by cron.daily?]

jan.peuker at lst-deutschland.de jan.peuker at lst-deutschland.de
Tue Jan 10 13:06:21 UTC 2006

Dear list,

for some time i'm wondering why Red Hat isn't upgrading to a newer Samba version for its RHEL4. I need a stable DFS support and would highly appreciate a new winbindd and printing services.

I tried to use the packages provided by samba.org, but they just dump something out and crash. I think this might have something to do with older krb5-libraries. I understand an update would cause a lot of dependent packages to get updated as well - but is anybody out there who has some experience in doing so manually? Or does anybody know about RH's policy or roadmap for samba packages?

Thanks a lot for any information,

jan