Adaptec 29160 with a RHEL 3

Greg Golin greg.golin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 01:21:37 UTC 2006

Margaret,

There should be a readme file included with the driver. /*Off the bat,
I suggest you untar it, cd to the folder and run make and make
install. If i know Adaptec, there should be an info message once the
make install is done. At that point you can try loading the new
modules using modprobe and after that running kudzu to see if it picks
up on the hardware. If it doesnt, I think you can change modules.conf
and associate the scsi host adapater with the new module name, that
should load the bugger on boot.. */

Please note that tinkering with that kind of stuff may hose the system
to the point where it would require rescuing, [happened to me last
Friday] so I would'nt do any of the above remotely and of course not
on a production system.

Regards,
Greg