RH AS 4U2 - LVM extend

Lunt, Nick Nick.Lunt at wesleyan.co.uk
Tue Jan 17 08:28:06 UTC 2006

Hi Peter,

I dont have ext2resize or ext2prepare on my system.

The pvcreate, vgextend, lvextend, ext2online formula should do what your after when your working with LVM.
The filesystem in your example is being extended from 2G to 4G, this is not large, I work on some 50G filesystems with no probs, and have never needed ext2{resize,prepare} ;)

However, if you need ext2resize it's here http://ext2resize.sourceforge.net , it may be on RHN too, I haven't checked.

Good luck,
Nick .