System Information

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Wed Jan 18 01:37:08 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 04:48:15PM -0800, Jason Williard wrote:
> How could I determine the hardware configuration of a system from a
> command-line in Red Hat Enterprise 3?  The system I need to get the
> information about is in a remote data center to which I only have SSH access
> to.

Depending on what information you want, lspci is a pretty good start.
There's also lshw from http://ezix.sourceforge.net/software/lshw.html
which is pretty good.  Dag Wieers has an rpm for RHEL 3 at
http://dag.wieers.com/packages/lshw/.  The only issue I've ever seen
with lshw is getting the steppings on a multi-cpu hyperthreaded system.

        .../Ed
--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA