Help with Disk Quota reporting with repquota or....

Jonathan Chen -X (jonachen - The Armada Group, Inc. at Cisco) jonachen at cisco.com
Wed Jan 18 18:56:48 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I have disk quota on a netapp filer that is mounted on the linux
system.   The RHEL3 server says its working when entering the "quota"
command on my own account.

I would like to use the /usr/sbin/repquota command to list all the
users usage, but it seems to not work.   Does it mean I have to
configure the OS too if I have to use 'repquota'?

What I am trying to do is to write a script that will send emails to
all users that are over soft or reached hard limit.   I believe that
best way is using 'repquota' program and the worst way is using "du -sm
*" the home directory which would take hours to complete before sending
an email out.

If you guys know of alternative solution, please let me know or need
more information.

Thanks!