TFTP Error

Matthew Goh chernhup at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 25 04:55:19 UTC 2006

Hi...

Sorry.i forgot to put the subject header in my previous messages

I'm currently trying to use TFTP to send a file from one pc to another. The
source PC has an IP address of 192.168.1.201 while the destination host has
an IP address of 192.168.1.203. but when i try to send a file to the
destination host, i encounter the following error.

This are the step I had done:

I first setup a connection between my computer and the destination
host(192.168.1.203) by
[root localhost /]# tftp 192.168.1.203

Next I attempt to send a file(test.sxw) to the destination node at the Home
folder under the file name test2.sxw

tftp> put test.sxw /home/test2.sxw

However upon doing so, I got the following error message:
Error code 1: File not found

Could someone enlighten me on what I have missed out or done wrong that
caused this error message. Someone actually recommend that it might have
something to do with the permission. May i know how we could set the
instruction so that the file could be send over to the destination node
sucessfully

Thank you for your help
Regards Matthew
tftp> trace
Packet tracing on.
tftp> put test.sxw /home/test2.sxw
sent WRQ <file=/home/test2.sxw, mode=netascii>
received ERROR <code=1, msg=File not found>
Error code 1: File not found