Red Hat Kernel Sources

Greg Golin greg.golin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 20:53:39 UTC 2006

Hi all,

How many of you have been able to compile a kernel from redhat sources
without a problem? I don't think I've ever done it successfully. I
consistently run into the same problem, make modules errors out on
something. I go and disable that something and try again, at which
point make modules fails with something else, goto 10. Eventually I
run out of patience and go look at something shiny. Never had a
problem with kernel.org kernels though. Is there something I need to
do beyond the make oldconfig/make bzImage/make modules/make
modules_install?

Thanks,
Greg