RHEL4 and Mythtv

Unbehagen, Bret Earl (SD) beunbehagen at liberty.edu
Tue Jan 31 16:15:33 UTC 2006

Yes, I have done it before with RHEL4WS. It is easily doable with
up2date.  Well as easy as thying to set up your capure card

Use http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php HOW-TO. However on step 5 do
	# up2date -uf
Instead of
	# yum upgrade

Also step 6: Add the following yum repos lines to the end of
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources config file:
	yum atrpms http://dl.atrpms.net/el4-i386/atrpms/stable/
	yum freshrpms http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/redhat/9/

After that anytime you are told to do:
	# yum install <something>
Do
	# up2date <something>

Everything else is mostly the same...

The only thing I had to compile was Bttv kernel modules.

Hope this helps
Bret Unbehagen