Resize root LVM?

Bliss, Aaron ABliss at preferredcare.org
Wed Jul 5 15:37:08 UTC 2006

Jim,
I inherited some servers that had their root volume in and lvm, and I
actually went directly to redhat support and asked exactly what you just
requested, and the official word is that redhat will not support
resizing the root partition; their answer scared me enough to find some
other disks to fill my need, however I'm assuming that the / partition
could theoretically be resized if you were working from a rescue disk
(whichever partitions your changing I think are suppose to be unmounted)

Aaron