RHEL 3 LDAP auth and Home Directories

Nigel Wade nmw at ion.le.ac.uk
Thu Jul 6 16:17:05 UTC 2006

Harry Hoffman wrote:
> I don't think pam_mkhomedir works with PrivSep enabled on OpenSSH

It does on RHEL4. There might have been some tweaking to make it work between
RHEL3 and RHEL4, though. (I'm presuming PrivSep is enabled on RHEL4, it's
supposed to be the default and I don't disable it). The home directory should be
created during session initialization, which I thought occurred prior to the
PrivSep forking of sshd, but I may well be wrong.

For reference I've appened my /etc/pam.d/system-auth, which works on RHEL4.

E-mail :    nmw at ion.le.ac.uk
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555