Problem with Red Hat Cluster Suite

Razi Ahmad razi.ahmad at stern.nyu.edu
Wed Jul 12 14:04:37 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have two servers running RHEL 3 (installed/configured identically via kickstart) with Red Hat Cluster Suite 3 installed on both. What we want to do is to create a two-node Active/Passive failover cluster for our mail store running Sun JES Messaging Server 6.1. The shared storage is on an EMC CLARiiON CX500 SAN.

I have created the shared partition (and raw devices) using parted and have connected the heartbeat link between both machines using a crossover cable. I've assigned IP addresses on the same subnet to each of the NICs dedicated for the heartbeat link; both machines are able to ping each other through the heartbeat link. I've also connected both servers to APC PDUs and have verified that I can reboot one machine from the other using the clufence command.

I am able to start the local cluster services on both machines, but when I try manually moving the service from one node to the other, I get an error message that says "An error has occurred while running a system command. Please check logs for details." When I checked the cluster.log file (I modified my syslog settings to log cluster messages to /var/log/cluster.log), I see the following messages:

Jul 12 10:00:33 mailcluster-node1 clulockd[11744]: <err> select error: No such device or address
Jul 12 10:00:33 mailcluster-node1 clulockd[11744]: <debug> ioctl(fd,SIOCGARP,ar [eth0]): No such device or address
Jul 12 10:00:33 mailcluster-node1 clulockd[11744]: <warning> Dropping connect from 192.168.35.2: Not in subnet!
Jul 12 10:00:33 mailcluster-node1 clulockd[11744]: <err> select error: No such device or address

Both machines are configured to use interface eth1 as the heartbeat link, with eth0 on each machine connected to the rest of our network.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Razi Ahmad