Kernel panic - please help

JIANWEI ZHUANG jianwei.z at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 20:07:29 UTC 2006

Hi I am experiencing a Kernel panic problem. Please help...

It is Redhat 7.2 Linux with kernel 2.4.7-10.

First I got a Journal Superblock error and mount error 22, so I used Linux
Rescue in installation CD, ran e2fsck /dev/hda2, fixed and cleared all
errors until hda2 was clean.

After I reboot it, I have another error:
pivotroot: pivot_root (/sysroot, /sysroot/initrd) failed: 2
Freeing unused kernel memory: 220K freed
Kernel panic Kernal Panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to
kernel.

Here is the file system
/dev/hda1 * 1 7 52888+ 83 Linux
/dev/hda2 8 742 5556600 83 Linux