Determine mount point information

A.Fadyushin at it-centre.ru A.Fadyushin at it-centre.ru
Mon Jul 31 17:14:16 UTC 2006

If you find the mountpoint in mtab but not in fstab it means that the
mount operation was not made automatically. Most probably, one of
startup files contain the mount instruction specifically for that
mountpoint (such as 'mount -o rw,bind /foo /home/foo') or such a command
was issued by the user having appropriate permissions directly  from
command line (in your  sitiation most probably it will be the user
'foo').
You should check startup files (and user's command history, if any) for
the presence of such a command.

Alexey Fadyushin
Brainbench MVP for Linux
http://www.brainbench.com