Automounts are not working

Dave Martini martini at mrpeabody.llnl.gov
Mon Jul 31 19:55:38 UTC 2006

I have a RHEL 3 system and can't do automounts on it. I restarted the
autofs service and I get this error.

# service autofs restart
Stopping automount:do_ypcall: clnt_call: RPC: Procedure unavailable
do_ypcall: clnt_call: RPC: Procedure unavailable
do_ypcall: clnt_call: RPC: Procedure unavailable
do_ypcall: clnt_call: RPC: Procedure unavailable
do_ypcall: clnt_call: RPC: Procedure unavailable
do_ypcall: clnt_call: RPC: Procedure unavailable
do_ypcall: clnt_call: RPC: Procedure unavailable
do_ypcall: clnt_call: RPC: Procedure unavailable
do_ypcall: clnt_call: RPC: Procedure unavailable
do_ypcall: clnt_call: RPC: Procedure unavailable
do_ypcall: clnt_call: RPC: Procedure unavailable
                                                            [  OK  ]
Starting automount: do_ypcall: clnt_call: RPC: Procedure unavailable
No Mountpoints Defined                                     [  OK  ]

My home directory doesn't ever get mounted or any other logical mount
points that I CD to.

This used to work. Is there another service I should check or restart or
is autofs solely responsible for automounting file systems?

Thank You
David Martini
LLNL